Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Being home sick...

Well, "sick" might not be entirely accurate. I don't have a fever, or anything like that, but am having "health issues" that have finally prevented me from going to work. Been fighting these "issues" for a week. I HATE staying home sick from work. Unless my temp is 112 and I'm bleeding out of my eyes I feel like I'm playing hooky. Since the bleeding isn't out of my eyes and I have no temp, well, I'm feeling rather guilty for staying home.

Oh... first blog post. Woo-hoo! I think...

So why start this blog with "Being home sick..."? Because I otherwise would never have started a blog if I wasn't forced to sit still all day. Lesley and I have been talking about starting a blog for a while, and now seemed like a good time.

Some of the posts here will likely be signed by one of our beloved pets, as they seem to insert themselves into everything we do (my cat even pokes his head in the shower with me, which is kinda creepy when you think about it). Hence the blog title, "Adventures of Killer and Fruitbat."

Why Killer? Well, Killer is Les's Corgi (Les's? Les'? Damn I always screw that up). His name is Herman, but he was dubbed "Killer" by my folks after he mistook their Bichon for a flank steak. In his defense, he was only trying to get her to shut up (she has the most annoying high-pitched squeal she lets out when excited and simply won't shut up)...

Fruitbat? Well, I'll let the photo do all the talking.












So, Killer and Fruitbat. We also have Odin, Ori, Oz, and Boogs (the cats). Les isn't too happy that I named some of her fish, though, since they sometimes have to be flushed.

Okay, enough of the introductions. I need to get my feet up, anyway.

-Al-

2 comments:

Art Elser said...

Nice start to your blog. I started a blog several months ago and nothing ever came of it. I posted a couple of times and no one ever visited. Les sent me the link to it or I wouldn't know about it. Guess you have to send the link to folks or they won't know to visit. I've signed up to follow, so I'll probably get email when you post.

art

Cathy said...

Animadversions!?? You and Dean. Why can't you just speak in real people words? :-)