Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Herman Update!

There is nothing like starting your day by following Herman around with a bread tin trying to collect a urine sample. He looked at me like I was nuts. For future reference those little disposable bread tins are the perfect height and size when trying to do this procedure on a Corgi. We circled the yard many times before Herman just gave in. He kept giving me odd looks the rest of the morning though.

Of course this was much better than when they tried to get a sample at the vet with a needle and an ultrasound yesterday. I had to leave the room and left poor Al in there to comfort Herman. I could hear Herman crying in the hallway. Herman wanted nothing more to do with the vet after this horrible procedure. But then the treats came out and Herman was ok. The vet was quite impressed that Herman could snarf down four treats in mere seconds. We told him this was one of Herman's many talents.

The good news is they think Herman's stomach pain is caused by back pain and he has his own prescription of Rimadyl when he needs it. They are using the urine sample (which I delivered this morning in a little bag labeled with Herman's name and date) to further check his kidneys and make sure he is not dehydrated.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Awww I hope everything is ok!

Cathy said...

Poor Herman. He deserves a steak!

Kelly said...

Aww feel better Herman :(

Al said...

Four treats in mere seconds? Try nanoseconds! He even amazed me he was so quick. :)