Monday, May 24, 2010

What diet?

Okay, it's no secret Hobbes is a heavy cat. 20 pounds. Almost twice the weight of Feo. Two-thirds Herman. Boogs is no stick-figure, either. He's about 13 pounds, but has a seriously floppy belly (cat owners know this one -- dog owners will just have to use their imagination).

So, I put them both on a diet. Cut their wet food in half. Followed the instructions on the Science Diet Adult Light food for weight loss.

Both cats gained weight.

Great.

Of course, Boogs has been acting especially hungry, and Hobbes acts like he could care less about food.

So, Les had the great idea that maybe a webcam would show us what was going on as far as their eating habits go.

Based on the first night and day I've decided I actually have two pigs wearing cat suits.

Night:


Day:

4 comments:

Lesley Collins said...

And here I am trying to get my cat, Ori, to gain weight.

Cathy said...

I think it's funny that neither of them are ever at the food together at the same time. It's like Hobbes had a plan: "Okay, I'll let you take the first shift, Boogs, then me, then me, then me, then me. Okay, you again, Boogs then me, and me and me, me, me. Now you again, Boogs but hurry up because I'm getting hungry again."

Art Elser said...

I haven't seen an animal eat that much since Al was a middle schooler eating ribs at Zebs. He'd eat a whole slab we ordered for him and than half the slab on my plate. The difference is that Al was a skinny kid.

I'm amazed that the table will support Hobbes jumping up there that often. ;-)

Whosyergurl said...

That is hilarious.
we feed the cats a half a cup each, a.m. & p.m.
dug's cat, Tree is an indoor/outdoor cat and catches "food" (bunnies, moles, voles, mice) outdoors.
Milo is indoor only (except for when he escapes) has the seriously saggy, baggy tummy and is getting very skinny. I can't leave food out or CHELSEA will eat it! We tie her to a kitchen chair leg when the cats eat and one night, in her effort to get to the cats, she pulled the chair over on top of her!
this is why they are called ANIMALS. Cheryl