I have turned into a basket case with the wedding in Scotland getting closer (6 months, 3 weeks, and 5 days).
Miss Kitty provides a lot of support with cuddling, purring, and patting me on the face with her paw. Herman does a lot of sulking underneath the coffee table. Al has been providing a steady stream of cocoa cappuccinos from Starbucks.
Who knew that so much goes into picking a cake (fruit cake with rum, or sponge cake), hors d'oeuvres (canapés), dinner (salmon, chicken or angus beef), and flowers (traditional Scottish thistles or roses). Then there are the measurements for gowns, kilts, etc. And what about the logistics? Who is going to pick up the cake (we have to put it together ourselves), flowers, and kilts? Sigh, I am already on my second cocoa cappuccino.
1 comment:
It's your wedding and your day. Eat what YOU want. Have the cake that YOU want. Choose the flowers that YOU love. If you need help, just ask. I'm happy to do whatever you need (and I won't screw up--not sure you want me touching your cake!) either here in the U.S. or in Scotland.
Post a Comment