Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 12, and the last full day in Scotland

(Al here -- dont let the blog author fool you. My iPhone has runout of space for photos until I delete some. Not the first time.) Probably the last post for a while. Can't imagine too much on the day of flying home tomorrow that will be worth blogging. Bunch of looooong flight time. Blech.

Spent today in Stirling checking out some architecture and getting in the last shopping. The most exciting part was looking for that perfect memento to remember the trip. My folks sent us with some funds to pick out something as a wedding present. We spent all sort of time looking in galleries in Edinburgh yesterday only to find what we were looking for was a five minute walk from our apartment this whole time! We found a beautiful painting of two Highland Cows -- feeding Hamish was one of the most memorable things we did here (funny how animals have that effect) so when we saw this painting we knew right away we had found what we were looking for.

While out we stopped at the chocolate shop and grabbed a few goodies for the plane (and a chocolate goldfish for Les) and then took a new route home where we saw a great little place for dinner. And boy was it good! I have a new favorite food:

BLAGGIS!

Haggis and blood sausage mixed together. Oh wow. Talk about man food. I feel like a Scottish animal! Aye!

Les had a great chicken and chorizo skewer, and Chuck & Pam shared a steak skewer. They don't know what they were missing, though. BLAGGIS! Aye, BLAGGIS!

Although... the apple & calvados tart and Les's creme brûlée were pretty fantastic, too. Even the mocha was phenomenal.

No, I am not looking forward to McDonalds. :p

See you all soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

by now, you are somewhere in your flight home. Thanks for sharing the fun of your trip and wedding. Can't wait for more of the details. BTW - Blaggis is definitely not on my "to try" list...I could attempt haggis but blood sausage is definitely a "Don't go there" item in my culinary universe. Still, I can appreciate that others like it. The cows painting is great. See you soon. - Joe