Friday, October 4, 2013

Furloughed and Snowed In

So, our elected leaders in Congress have chosen to send us home. Okay, fine, but couldn't they have waited until the weather was nicer? I mean, really. If I am going to go home on an unpaid vacation the last thing I want to do is cut and drag branches all day long (with no power to run my *electric* chainsaw, thank you very much).

Yes, that is my truck. Ugh/

Neighbor's tree in our backyard (downed power lines and all).

That's the tree. Half of it is in the yard.

That is not a bush in front of my truck. It's a pile of cottonwood branches.

So really, Congress. Next time a little better planning, please?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your power was restored fast. Our outage lasted 25 hours but we had heat and plenty of food to eat by battery powered lanterns as we listened to a battery powered radio. Thank goodness friends and family could help me clear up the downed limbs, too. Take care - Joe

Cathy said...

I almost spit out my coffee when I read *electric* chainsaw. I thought Dean was the only idio person who thought dragging around a cord with the possibility of tripping over it, falling into the buzzing blade and chopping off his limbs was a good idea. Here's hoping all your limbs are still attached to your body. Or maybe that's a future blog post? :-)