Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Blegos

This blogging thing reminds me of playing with Legos when I was a little tyke. I'd build what I thought was the most grandiose structure ever to have been conceived in the little building blocks only to look up and see that my sister had constructed a true palace with a moat, working drawbridge, gilded thrones, and a very dark dungeon for my now crushed soul.

I made the mistake of looking at other people's blogs and what do you know! I feel like this one is lacking from the start. I chose the basic template for the layout, basic font, etc. I don't have the sharp wit and banter that so many seem to have, and the only creative aspects of this blog were developed by Les ("Adventures of Killer and Fruitbat" for instance).

So, not being one to ever give up without a fight (though I did quit gymnastics in elementary school, but let's be honest -- I was the only boy in a group of a bazillion caddy girls and quickly became the butt of every joke by every friend I thought I had. Trust me, at that awkward age the last thing I needed was more taunting. But I digress...), I have decided to do what I do best. Monkey with things.

Well, monkey with things and talk.

I just hope this doesn't end with me getting obsessed with Html. I have enough hobbies.

2 comments:

Art Elser said...

Ah yes, I remember very clearly one day when the top on the Lego box didn't stay up and came down on a very tender part of Al's anatomy. And then he and his best buddy, Reggie, wound up in the principal's office because they had to share it with the rest of first grade.

art

Al said...

He he. Good times. :)