Well Les is really sick today and needed the peace of just a day in bed. So Pam, Chuck and I took the train to Edinburgh. Cripes you needs day or more just for the sights on the Royal Mile! We mostly just did lots of oohing and aahing but one of the highlights was definitely St. Files Cathedral. Stunning is an understatement.
But for me the day was extra special because I got to make a private pilgrimage to a geologic site more important than any other -- James Hutton's Section (or just Hutton's Section). It was here in the mid-1700s that Hutton,the Father of Modern Geology, formulated many of his theories that form the backbone of the geological sciences, including Uniformitarianism.
Without Hutton geology as we know it may have taken many more years to decipher, I may have never become a geologist, and Les and I may never have met (it was, after all, my job that brought me back to Wyoming).
Oh, and I had haggis for lunch.
3 comments:
OMG. Poor Les. Sick on her honeymoon. You are going to turn into a HAGGIS.
Cheryl
Isn't there any other form of Scottish cuisine you would like to try AL?
Les, I hope you feel better. You finally got to unwind after wedding stress and your immune system did too. Feel better and enjoy
How sad that Les had to miss Edinburgh. She was so looking forward to it. Still, better to get the rest while she could, rather than risk becoming worse. Glad you could follow up on Hutton - I know it was something You looked forward to. Take care - Joe
Post a Comment