Craaaaaaaaap. Blew a tyre today (or tire as we colonists prefer). Have to call Avis/Budget in the morn and see about getting a vehicle swap. Bet Chuck and I can lay claim to being in a pretty select group. How many Americans do you think have ever changed a tire in Scotland? (Probably a heck of a lot, actually with having to learn to drive on the other side of the road and all.)
Les and I finished up our "honeymoon" with breakfast at Ballochneck, a farewell to our guests, and a trip to Glengoyne distillery. Grabbed a haggis roll on the way back to town. :)
Back in Stirling I took the kilts back and checked on the book we had to order for a friend of ours (how we are going to fit a hard bound UK edition Harry Potter book in our luggage on top of all that whisky is beyond me ;) ).
Finished the day off with fish and chips on Bridge of Allen (and a blown tire). Don't order the large. The fillet was as long as my arm from elbow to fingers.
Les has a wicked cold, so tomorrow is either Edinburgh or a day of the last Stirling stuff (Wallace Monument). Depends on what she's up for.





2 comments:
At least you didn't get side swiped like we did the first time we were over there! Just another fun story to remember on your 25th wedding anniversary!!
-Lisa
The fish and chips do look tasty. Still, I don't think I'd waste good Scotch on them. Perhaps a cider or beer, though. Sorry to hear about Les' cold. Why do these things have to happen when you travel? Not fair. I think it safe to say that Jenny will be Very Appreciative of the extra effort for HP #7. Take care - Joe
Post a Comment