Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 6. Wedding Eve.

Feels like it should be an official holiday. Wedding Eve. It's our first weekend day here (well, first we have any non-jet lagged memory of) and the town was abuzz with people. Shoppers everywhere. Lots of drinking (boy they get started early) and the weather just as suddenly turned from late fall feel to early winter feel. The air has a nice chill to it and the skies opened up a couple times with a nice cold rain. It's been absolutely beautiful (but we are the kind of folks that find the idea of a Florida vacation abhorrent ;) ).

Today we stayed local. Slept in and grabbed an early lunch. Then we all did our own thing with Chuck heading back to the apartment, Pam going shopping solo, and Les and me finishing up some last minute stuff. I got a quick haircut and then we spent a couple hours sightseeing and shopping downtown. We saw a cat that needed petting then picked up the cake at Marks & Spencer and met up with Chuck, Pam, Lesley's aunt MaryJo and her two friends Judy and Alba (or Alva, or... ? Nice lady regardless :) ).

Chuck treated us all to a nice dinner (yep, I had Haggis) and we are now back at the apartment, packed and chomping at the bit for tomorrow.

Tomorrow. Can't wait for tomorrow to be today.

2 comments:

Art Elser said...

I didn't see the disclaimer saying that there's graphic violence in your pictures and that children and those with queasy stomachs should close their eyes.

It was great talking with you this morning. You sounded good.

Congratulations on your big day tomorrow. We will be with you in spirit and prayer, you know that.

art & Mom

Cindy said...

I'm so excited for you! And congrats on tackling the haggis. I haven't.