More rest. Only woke at four this morning. That meant we were up for Chuck's home made breakfast. Yum. The man has a gift.
Went to St. Andrews today. Got to play around in the sea, visited St. Andrew's Castle and St. Andrew's Cathedral. Got pictures of the Old Course, of course. The Castle was way cool. Followed a mine shaft under it from when it was besieged. Very creepy.
Best part of the day was visiting Di Gilpin's studio. Di is a world famous knitware, pattern, and hand-spun yarn designer. We got to see some of her latest fashions and ended up buying enough yarn for an army of Scotsmen's kilt hose (though I think it's technically enough for one pair), a couple patterns, some knitted gloves... and a sweater that is just phenomenal.
Meeting Di and Kristen really was a huge highlight. Such genuinely nice people. I'm sure if it wasn't already growing dark we would have stayed much longer. I know Lesley was really touched.
Anyway, on to the pictures. As before, I have no idea what order the software will put them in, but all I got with the phone cam was the surf and coast, the 18th at The Old Course, and a couple of Di Gilpin's studio. :)
Tomorrow the Jacobite Train!




1 comment:
It was such a pleasure to meet you! Hope you have a wonderful wedding and a fab time in Scotland! Happy knitting and best of luck to you both! xx Kristen
Post a Comment